Saturday, August 13, 2011

Hair Growth Update: Wigs + Braids + Hair oils




















@ Amasha - I used Gogo Curl hair by Freetress for my crochet braids.

Update: I took my crochet braids out about 3 wks ago now. Henna'd it and braided it by itself no fake hair added in an upward kinda pineapple shaped pattern for 2 wks.

I took out the braids yesterday - Crazy growth!!! Then I conditioned with banana + molasses + magnesium mixture. Slapped it on my head and went to sleep. Washed it out in the morning and it made my hair feel very strong, full and thick. Plus it looked darker and shinier...Lord knows I luvs me some dark hair.Link

So I have transitioned from crochet braids to wigs. Because I realized that I like easy access to my scalp for when I oil it every night and just even for fresh air and what not.

The secret to my success so far is not only the ultimate protective styling of braids + wigs but OILS. My current mixture is Castor oil + Brahmi/Alma oil + Hempseed oil + Flaxseed oil and a kitchen sinkful of essential oils including Peppermint & Eucalyptus oil.

Needless to say, I'll be sticking to this regime for a long while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was looking for a way to contact you personally but seeing as how I could not find one, I opted to leave a comment. You had done a write up on me previously and would like to speak to you in regards to that write up. Could you please contact me at ladyxmusketeer@gmail.com and I will explain to you about why I'm writing about the article you featured me in. Thank you in advance.