Friday, December 19, 2008

Kinky-Curly Curling Custard

Kinky-Curly Curling Custard


So, here it goes. I started a hair blog simply to contribute to the myraid of other blogs that already exist about this product. Yes, I rocks my hair au naturale, and yes, it is mucho coily. The helix in my hair strands is really small thus contributing to its ultra coiliness. Me and God shall have some convo. as to why this is thus.







Anyway, after reading a bagajillion comments, blogs, and reviews about this product, I decide to contribute to the enrichment of a very astute and creative black woman, by giving $53 of my hard earned money in exchange for this wonderful, all-natural product. I did, and here is the result:



In every aspect of the word Kinky Curly Curling Custard really does work like any really good gel would&should. It made my coils "pop," which is always a good thing but it did not stop shrinkage; not on the first try, anyway.



On my second trial with the product, I slapped the leave-in-conditioner on my head as instructed, slapped on the nice-smelling goo, and then sat under a hood dryer for about 35 minutes. The final result, waves, which would probably look really nice if my hair was longer, it's not; it's about chin length because I have an obsession with the scissor. I slept with a scarf on my head, woke up the next day and voila! all I had to do to ressurect my waves was sprikle some water on my hair. This is the cool part about the product. All you have to do is spray a little bit of water on your hair and it restores it shine and waves (or curls depending on hair type). Actually, this is probably the only difference between this product and others like it.



Currently, as of yesterday, I used Kinky Curly Curling Custard again; went through the whole process and put in small roller rods to get a more spiral curl, as opposed to coil.


Before I did this, I had purchased a large comb for wet hair called "Wet Look" and a "Denman" brush; both from Sally's Beauty Supply Store. The comb made

my hair look really wavy and the brush actually made the helix coil look slightly larger; lets say my coil is about 2mm in diameter (not sure what the actually spacing is for each curl, but thats how it feels, really teeny tiny small) the brush made it look like 4mm; in other words, the coils looked slightly bigger. I will definitely try this comb and brush method on its own next time.

It came out nice and dry, like I used a setting lotion. Tonight I will slap on my hair scarf, try my best not to sleep too roughly, and see if the spirals are still in place tomorrow.


Another cool thing about Kinky Curly Curling Custard is that it miraculously soaks up all the conditioner in the hair, its crazy cool; like a sponge soaking up water right before your eyses. So, the keyword is here is moisture, moisture, moisture, which is good because textured hair of any kind, craves moisture. This is also key to having the product not flake - Don't use too much of it, and use a lot of conditioner and you'll be relatively flake free!

This blog will force me to document my hair journey. It should be fun.

No comments: