Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Natural Beauty of the Month

Here's another one. I couldn't quite make it for the month of May so June will have to do.


When and Why did you decide to go natural?
October 14, 2008 is when I went natural. I decided to go natural because I was tired of paying upwards of $100 every 6 to 8 weeks to get more chemical in my hair so I can conform to society's views of beauty. I figured it was time for me to embrace all the wonderfulness I was given. :)

Who does your hair mostly, i.e. hairdresser, aunty, urself, e.t.c?
I do my hair mostly. I like playing around with it now that it's natural. So much that you can do with it!

What r ur "IT" Hair Products?
My "IT" hair products are:
- Deva Curls Shampoo & Conditioner (used every other week when I fully wash my hair)
- Le Coupe Perfect Curls conditoner (I co-wash with this every other day)
- Fructis Curl & Shine Leave-In
- all natural Aloe Vera Gel (for days I want extra hold)
- Extra Virgin Olive oil & honey for deep conditioning treatments
- My own concoctions I mix up in my kitchen! haha I tend to mix a lot especially with all natural unrefined Shea Butter.

Who is ur natural hair inspiration?
Honestly, every woman I have ever seen with natural hair has been my inspiration.

Words of Wisdom to natural hair folks or those considering it.
To those considering going natural, it is AMAZING! So freeing to see your natural hair in it's natural state the way it was intended. The freedom of waking up and just having to spritz a little water in your hair and go is soemthing to look forward too. No more tender scalp, no more hot combs, no more tryin to catch every last nap and without fail burning yourself. Just be sure that it is what you want to do and I promise you that you will not be disappointed.

To those who are already natural, WORK IT GIRL!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i absolutely love it! thank you for featuring me. :)