Saturday, July 25, 2009

Hallelujah for Healthy Hair



A while ago I wrote about using a ying/yang method or approach on my hair. I said that my styling products didn't always have to be 100% natural but the treatments that I do to take care of my hair will be. Well my approach has served me and is still serving me well.

I have used Indigo on my hair as a conditioning agent for 3 weeks now and I absolutely love it. It leaves my hair feeling so soft and strengthened and my scalp feeling and looking so clean. I remember the first time I used it, 3 weeks ago, and parted my hair to style it and my scalp was just gleaming clean! No joke when they say healthy hair starts with a healthy scalp.

Another thing that I have been using on my hair is Alma powder. It's also another conditioning agent that leaves my hair soft and strengthened. I used to get it on Amazon but then discovered that there's an Indian store not too far from where I live that sells Alma and OH! Happy Day! when I found out. I bought the last two that was on the shelf and told the lady to order more! I also told her to stock Indigo.

The best part of these powders, both Indigo and Alma, is that all you have to do is add water to make it into a paste. I usually slap the paste on my hair, cover with a shower cap, go to sleep to garauntee at least 8 hours of deep conditioning, wake up, rinse the paste out, comb with my large tooth comb, slap in my new friend Yes to Carrots Conditioning Mud Mask, brush with my trusty Denman to strech out my coils, and style or just leave it or do whatever.

By the way, I find that both Indigo and Alma loosen coily/curly hair just a bit.

I am absolutely in love my hair its ridiculous. Its freaking healthy, growing like a weed, strong and soft all at the same time. I mean, what more could a girl with natural hair ask for!

No comments: