Friday, June 18, 2010

Aveda's Brilliant Retexturizing Gel: A Review

VS.

I washed my hair and poof back came the coils except for the tortured parts that refuse to revert back...tear.tear. Anyway, straight hair lasts on my head for about 1-2wks because I just get too bored with it.

I had been eyeballing Aveda's Brilliant Retexturing Gel for a while as an alternative to my fave Kinky Curly Curling Custard...cuz its just so diddly darned expensive. Anyway. I bought Aveda's Brilliant Retexturing Gel today and used it on my coils and lets just say I am very Underwhelmed.

Ain't nothing to write home about. It defined my coils a bit but not that much and its small. Only 5oz. and my hair's so thick I used half the bottle on my head. Lets just say I will not be buying this again.

This is the second Aveda hair gel that I've tried and have been very un-impressed by. Don't think there's gonna be a third time for me. I think I need to just close my eyes, hold my breath to go ahead and order the only tried and true gel that has ever been thick enough to handle my thick coils - the one and only....Kinky Curly Curling Custard.

No comments: