Friday, November 26, 2010

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly!

Aguirre Jose Ignacio's image: 'angry woman'

If I'm going to document my natural hair journey that means I have to share all parts of the journey: the good, the bad, and the ugly. Today my natural hair journey took me on the path of insanity. They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and expecting different results. Well, I experienced just that today.

So, the plan was to return the Aveda Conflixor gel and get my money back right?! So why was I in the Aveda store reasoning with myself like..."I just got Shea Moisture Smoothie maybe if I try it with the Flaxseed & Aloe Strong hold gel, I'll get my bantu-knot out back" while the other part of me was screaming, "No, you idiot, you already tried that, just give them their stupid gel and get your money back!"
I agreed with the more optimistic part of my mind and got the Flaxseed gel, yet again!!

Got home tried it with the Shea Moisture Smoothie and guess what...Same Ol' Same Ol' story. No such luck, chuck..

The funny or sad part, whichever way you see it, is that when I was in the store one of the girls basically told me that it was the last time I could return the product. Which, she probably wouldn't have found out if I hadn't told her I already made a previous exchange.
Her reason: they have to throw the product away after its been returned. So I in turn asked her where that statement was written on their policy. Her return: silence and the same lame excuse about waste.

The way I see it, I'm paying with my own money and time to be patronizing their store and so long as its not written anywhere on their policy. I'm not following some on-the-spot-made-up-excuse passing for a policy. Let me walk up in there next time and I dare her to try and not give me my money back watch if I don't threaten to sue (the beauty of living in a legalistic society) on the basis of her foolishness!

Told y'all.....Insanity and Ugliness on the same day. That's the real reason they call it Black Friday. The good, the bad, and the ugly!

No comments: