Sunday, February 1, 2009

Split Ends!... Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did all this split ends come from!?! As I looked in the mirror, the one downstairs in my bathroom that magnifies every pore on your skin, to my horror all I saw was how much split ends my hair had, especially in front.

I mean really split ends; the kind where I could literally see the hair split and pull it apart! I am horrified, totally and completely disturbed, but I now know what I have to do and the importance of deep Conditioning! which I think I've done a total of 5 times since I've been natural - 1 year and a month!

I will endeavor to deep condition my hair every two weeks now with: egg yolks (3), safflower oil, and maybe 1 whole banana. But the egg yolk and safflower will be the staple deep conditioner ingredient. The banana will most likely be a variable.

So, of course, upon seeing these horrific split ends I immediately pulled out the scissors and took to choppin' I cut about 2-3 inches of my entire hair. These are the little details you find out for yourself when you go natural. You will still have to take care of your hair and deep condition it every 2 or 3 weeks just like you did when you had a relaxer!

As usual I will be back with an update of how my deep conditioning experience went. I plan on 15-30 minutes with a shower cap and a heated hood.

No comments: