Thursday, January 27, 2011

Good Hair is Making Me Lazy


Good hair is making me lazy! I basically rock my hair for 3 straight weeks without washing it cuz it looks good and its so easy to style each night or every other night, wake up in the morning and go. And honestly the 'dirtier' it is, the better it looks.

So when it comes time to give the hair a good rinse out, laziness sets in because I know I have start the process all over again. But really the hardest part is the making time for deep conditioning. I like to go to sleep with the conditioner on my hair, to get more bang for my buck, I guess. Its hard because sometimes my schedule's too hectic.

The harder part is styling the hair after its been washed because I always have to do a style on the first day to stretch the hair. I don't bantu-knots after I've just washed my hair cuz I know it won't turn out the way I expect it to and I'd just be setting myself up for disappointment.

The laziness that comes from the first day of styling freshly-washed hair is mostly my perception because all I see is this uber shrunken head of hair that looks no longer than an inch. It never fails to amaze me, after I'm done styling my hair, how the tiny short coils turn into bouncy curls. Never fails.

Anyway, its been 3 weeks and the hair needs to be washed if not for the sake of my strands then for the sake of my scalp. Here we go again....

No comments: