Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Bantu-knot Result on Dry Straightened Hair

I did the Bantu-knot twist out on my currently straightened hair with a mixture of Jojoba and coconut oil.

It was cute, it did the whole coily fro thing it always does, but I was expecting the curls to be looser and more defined. Needless to say, it was still somewhat frizzy and the majority of it wasn't defined, especially for the second day hair.

But I got a pleasant surprise earlier today when I applied mega doses of my left over Kerastase Oleo-relax serum to my the dry, second day, bantu-knot twist outs. It made the curls very much looser and defined.

But I didn't leave it to see what it would look like in a few hours, instead, I proceeded to do some flat twists on my hair because I am taking full advantage of this straight manageable hair. I also sprayed some of the Salerm brushing spray on it, to give the twists some hold, and then sat under the dryer for about 15 minutes.

I think I should have set the temperature for the dryer to medium and not high because I lost a lot of the shine that the Kerastase serum gave my hair. But we'll see tomorrow morning when I un-twist the flat twists, what results I get.

Don't think I can experiment with Kerastase any more because I've pretty much run out of the whole bottle. It took me just two stylings to use it up. Some reviews I read said the serum lasts for 6mths. or longer. Not if you got the hair on my head it don't, LOL. It lasted a whole week, ha! I think I'm going to try the one for really dry hair next time. Maybe then I won't use so much of it. I highly doubt that.

No comments: