Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It's Been a Long Tme...Shouldn't Have Left U w/o a....inspiring note!

Ok. In my little hiautus I have realized several things. This is why its good to take a break from stuff sometimes. Anyway...yes, I've realized a few things.

The first thing is coily hair is not nappy ITS JUST EXTREMELY FRIZZY!!!
That is all it is, FRIZZ. Too many ions colliding and they don't know what to do with each other and that's why our hair loves moisture so much. It interferes with the ions and keeps them calm...for a while anyway.

No, I didn't read this anywhere...just had a little talk with God about the hair he put on my head and the best way possible to take care of it. When you talk, he listens, when you listen, he speaks and that is what I know for sure.

Anyway, I digress, back to hair matters. I had to become obsessed with getting as much information on my hair as possible. As obsessed as I was when I started my journey of transition. It consumed me then, and it consuming me again. It is now part of my mission.

I am now looking more into Indian products because they have a lot of knowledge when it comes to hair and they also have an abundance of natural plants and oils that they have been using for their hair since...who knows...creation began.

I have also ordered a flat iron like I said I was going to do along-side with some products to help with the heat and make it look good and what-not. I figure, I'll probably straighten my hair once every 3 months because I get bored, and then I start getting irritated with my hair, not realizing that it's partly from boredom.

Anyway, I figure I'll go with the Ying-Yang, East meets West, Synthetic and Natural approach when it comes to my hair because I think in the finally analysis this is what works best for me. I'll use natural products to strengthen it and synthetic to straighten.

Of course, I will be back with the latest update and more specifics concerning these glorious coily coils that God gave me to love, protect and cherish. This is kind of a general summary or over-all analysis of what I learned while I was away.I'll be back with more specifics on the names of the products both synthetic and natural, and even which flat iron I bought.

No comments: