Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Paul Mitchell's Straight Works Gel


A funny thing happened to me on my way to Sally's Beauty Supply Store a couple of days ago. I walked in there with the intention of purchasing some more curlformers because a lot of the ones I have are falling apart gradually. Side Note: I need to complain to the makers of this product because curlformers are entirely too expensive to be falling apart like that.

Anyway, I walked into Sally's and while I was browsing I ran across a curling/clumping product that was supposed to make my curls pop or whatever. I picked it up, figured I'd give it a try but while I was in line waiting to get checked out, I scanned over the Sale Items of the Week that was standing next to me.

And this product just seemed like it was screaming at me to pick it up. I did pick it up out of curiosity and debated if I should put it back or not becuase of the price $4.99. I got the cash register, when the lady behind the counter rang it up it came up as 0.99cents! and she let me keep the price!

I got home, used it liberally all over my hair and fell in love! I'm still trying to figure out how it works but I think the key is that unlike other gels, it actually doesn't clump my hair together. It basically un-clumps it and makes it more individually strandy. It basically tries to get the strands of my hair to seperate and be defined at the same time.

I've used it for flat-twists a couple of times now and in both cases it's turned out well. It make my hair super shiny and super uber soft. Which is actually a negative for me because it means my hairstyle won't hold for longer than a day.

But it's definitely one of those products I will keep in my arsenal and continue to tweak and mess with it. But so far, I am in love, so much so that I am returning the original product that I bought for $7.00 to get more bottles of Paul Mitchell's Straiht Works Gel.

I looked on google blogs to see if anyone's else has used and reviewed this product and didn't say one so, it's nice to be the first, at least to the best of my knowledge, to blog about it.

No comments: