Friday, March 20, 2009

Operation Twist-Out was a Success

The twist-out I did with half a bottle of Kerastase Oleo-relax was a definite success. So much so, that even my second day hair still looks nice. I could even venture to say that it looks better than my first day Hair!

Kerastase is definitely a keeper in my arsenal now, at least on dry straight hair. Only heaven knows how it'll react on coily wet hair. I'll find out in a month or so.
It definitely held the style in place. I sprayed some Jojoba oil on it to give the hair some shine/sheen.

An idea occured to me for a different kinda twist-out. I remember back in the day when I used to do twisties on my hair. The front of the hair would be flat-twisted and the back would just be straight hanging down (memories of my relaxer days).

Well, I think I'm going to try that on my hair the next time but instead of having the back of the hair straight and not doing anything, I'll flat twist the back sections also. I think this will give a more fuller look for my hair.

I think the ends of the twists will be more defined and fuller because the ends will be more curlier. What I do at the ends of my twist is wrap it around itself - kinda like a Bantu-knot. So, I'm imagining the result will be half the hair would be wavy and half curly. A good even mixture of this.

I really need to invest in a camera because I don't think anyone can picture what I just typed except for me, the person that typed it. One of these days, I'll re-arrange my priorities so that the purchase of a digital camera will be closer to the top of my list and I too will join the digital age!

No comments: